Hello again. Hope you managed to follow last month’s article. This month we will carry on with it.
As usual, give me a call if you don’t understand any of it.
RECORDING USING RHYTHMS AND STYLES
1. Select a style along with suitable INTRO. I would normally use the OTS
2. Select SYNC START if it is not already selected.
3. Press REC and this time don’t hold it. Just let go.
4. Play your first chord with your left hand to start recording.
5. Press STOP when you have finished. Press STOP again.
6. It is nice to use one of the ENDING buttons to finish.
7. Press PLAY to hear your performance and then SAVE the song in the same way as before.
8. Remember that you can use tracks 4 to 8 under the screen to add extra parts to your song. Remember to turn off the OTS as you add the other parts.
USING PRE RECORDED MIDI FILES
There are simply 1000s of pre recorded songs available. These are often called SMF or MIDIS or MIDI FILES.
Some are a lot better than others!!!
One of the problems when using these files is that the MELODY part is not always displayed on the screen when you press the SCORE button.
It depends how the song was recorded originally and in which order each part was done. The melody is often part 4 but it could be any of the 16 tracks.
HOW TO FIND THE MELODY PART AND DISPLAY THE MUSIC ON SCREEN
1. First select the song required.
2. Press the CHANNEL ON/OFF button. It should say CHANNEL ON/OFF near the bottom of the screen. If it doesn’t press CHANNEL button again.
3. Press PLAY button to start the song.
4. You will see the red lights flashing next to the 16 numbers at the bottom of the screen as each part of the arrangement is playing.
5. Watch to see which part flashes as the melody begins to play, or, turn ON and OFF each part to identify the melody. It could be any of the parts but usually 1 or 4.
6. Press STOP.
7. Press SCORE.
8. Press SETUP, lower button 8 under the screen.
9. Use the number 1 buttons under the screen to change the LEFT CH to OFF
10. Use the number 2 buttons under the screen to change the RIGHT CH to the melody channel you have identified. Usually 1 or 4.
11. Press SCORE and press PLAY.
The melody line will now be displayed on the screen.
HOW TO USE THE GUIDE SYSTEM FOR THE MELODY PART
Having established which part is the melody part you can now use the GUIDE LAMPS.
THIS IS WHAT TO DO.
1. Press FUNCTION
2. Press SONG SETTING button B
3. Use the number 1 buttons under the screen to turn off TRACK 2
4. Use the number 2 buttons under the screen to select your identified melody track. Usually track 1 or 4
5. Press SCORE and press GUIDE
6. Turn off TRACK 1 ( R ) in the SONG CONTROL section.
7. Press PLAY and the guide, light system will wait for you to play the correct notes.
Remember you can change the sound you are using and also change the size of the music on the screen using buttons 7 under the screen.
We will carry on with this next month